Isle of Wight modified meal distribution sites, times
Lynn Briggs, spokeswoman for the Isle of Wight County School division has made this statement regarding meal distribution:
“To better serve our students and families during this time of school closure, Isle of Wight County Schools has modified the locations and times for meal distribution throughout the county. The division is adding 15 new meal distribution locations to reach more students. In total, school buses will be delivering meals to 31 locations in Isle of Wight County.
“There are some time changes to current sites in order to accommodate the expansion of the program.
“As a reminder, meals will continue to be available from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at Georgie Tyler Middle School, Carrsville Elementary School and Smithfield High School.”
New stops in the southern areas of the county:
•Pocahontas and Lincoln Ave pull off 12:20 to 1 p.m.
• Walters Ruritan Club 11:30 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
• Beaver Brook Mobile Home Community 12:20 to 1 p.m.
Revised Stops in the southern areas of the county:
• Camptown Park 11:30 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
• Georgie Tyler Apartments 11:30 a.m. to 12:10 p.m.
• Windsor Manor Mobile Home Community 12:20 to 1 p.m.
Continuing Stops in the southern areas of the county (no change):
• Bethany Presbyterian Church Zuni 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Twin Ponds Mobile Community 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Clydesdale Mobile Community 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
:We will continue to keep you informed of any further changes in meal distribution through our traditional channels,” Briggs concluded. “Again, thank you for your patience and flexibility, and as always, thank you for your support of Isle of Wight County Schools.”