Police arrest 12 for alleged possession, distribution of narcotics
Members of multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Franklin Police Department, recently conducted an arrest operation to locate and apprehend multiple individuals indicted on charges of possession and distribution of narcotics, and the operation resulted in 12 arrests.
A news release from Franklin Police Department added that 19 grams of heroin were also recovered during the course of the arrests.
Police said two individuals are currently still wanted for alleged distribution of narcotics: Dameon Beale, a 35-year-old Black male, resident of the 400 block of Bruce Street in Franklin, and Joseph McDonald Lynch Sr., a 54-year-old Black male, resident of the 400 block of E. Barrett Street in Franklin.
If anyone has information about these individuals, they are asked to call Franklin police at 757- 562-8575 or Franklin Crime Solvers at 757-562-8599. Information that leads to an arrest can earn the caller a cash reward while remaining anonymous.
The 12 individuals arrested were apprehended on 33 indictments plus an additional four charges for alleged offenses at the time of the arrest, police said in the release.
The release noted that those involved in the arrest operation included members of the Franklin Police Department and the Meherrin Drug Task Force, assisted by their local partners, the Southampton County Sheriff’s Office, Southampton County Commonwealth’s Attorney and Virginia State Police, as well as federal partners, the Department of Homeland Security, Homeland Security Investigations and the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
The 12 individuals arrested included the following:
- James Barnes, 34, of the 200 block of Cobb Street in Franklin
- Stephanie Bradshaw, 27, of the 24000 block of Clydesdale Circle in Courtland
- Donte Brown, 29, of the 500 block of Washington Street in Franklin
- Angelou Cunningham, 50, of the 1500 block of South Street in Franklin
- George Douglas, 47, of the 600 block of Oak Street in Franklin
- Mark Fenner Sr., 46, of the 700 block of Oak Street in Franklin
- Ricky Douglas Hill, 63, of the 500 block of Laurel Street in Franklin
- Antonio Hines, 42, of the 2400 block of Stribling Lane in Norfolk
- Anthony Sykes, 41, of the 400 block of Pine Street in Franklin
- Connell Turner, 44, of the 500 block of West Second Avenue in Franklin
- Mauriel Turner, 37, of the 32000 block of Queens Street in Boykins
- Keith Tyler, 45, of the 1300 block of Lawson Circle in Suffolk